Top 5 Marilyn Monroe Quotes on Fashion and Style
Beyond her movie roles, her iconic pinup images and her tumultuous personal life, Marilyn Monroe is famous for her impact on the fashion industry over the years. Her glamorous red carpet look have also been copied numerous times by the stars of today (e.g. Naomi Watts & Elizabeth Hurley) as well as the incredible combination of platinum blonde hair, red lipstick and black eyeliner have inspired copycats: Have you ever heard of Madonna?
Here I enlisted 5 of my favourite Marilyn Monroe quotes on fashion and style:
1. “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
2. “I don’t know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.”
3. “Your clothes should be tight enough to show you are a woman, but lose enough to show you’re a lady.”
4. “Either you have it or you don’t. You can’t buy it!”
5. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”